High Heels - Why and Why not
All about Height – Height plays a vital role in a manner that it reflects the personality of a person. It increases the confidence level. Height is the top most factor when we speak about the looks of a person. Though it is related with the physical appearance, it has its mental effects too. It can be said that height is a heredity gift but through various other means it can create an illusion in the mindset of people such that one appears to be taller than before.
Why High Heel Shoes – One of the means to appear taller then before is the high heel shoes. Shoes that we wear comes in different varieties ranging from lace shoes, toe peep, ankle strap, wedged, mules etc. Early day’s people use to wear Flat shoes that are flat to the ground. But as the time passes, wearing fashionable apparels reached its peak. During that time shoes were considered and came in the market with new styles.
Various types of shoes came into the market and gained the popularity but the shoes which are highly accepted are the high heels. The high heels also various in their size, it varies nearly around 2-7 inches in heels. These variations met with the requirements of various people and satisfied people with its unique people.
Types of heels found on high-heeled footwear include –
- Cone – a round heel which is broad where it meets the sole of the shoe and noticeably narrower at the point of contact with the ground.
- Kitten – a short, slim heel with maximum height under 2 inches and diameter of no more than 0.4 inch at the point of contact with the ground.
- Prism – three flat sides which form a triangle at the point of contact with the ground.
- Spool – broad where it meets the sole and at the point of contact with the ground; noticeably narrower at the midpoint between the two.
- Stiletto – a tall, slim heel with minimum height of 2 inches and diameter of no more than 0.4 inch at the point of contact with the ground.
- Wedge – occupies the entire space under the arch and heel portions of the foot.
Why High Heel Shoes should not be worn – Everything has its pros and cons and the same is with the high heels. Reasons for not wearing high-heels include:
- they can cause foot pain
- they can create foot deformities, including bunions
- they can cause an unsteady gait
- they can shorten the wearer's stride
- they can render the wearer unable to run
- altered forces at the knee caused by walking in high-heels may predispose to degenerative changes in the knee joint
- See "Foot and Tendon Problems" below for many of the medical reasons.
- Women who wear high heels frequently have a higher incidence of degenerative joint disease of the knees. This is because they cause a decrease in the normal rotation of the foot which puts more rotation stress on the knee
- Podiatrists often comment that 75 percent of their business is caused by females wearing tall high heeled shoes
Selecting the footwear– While selecting the shoes, various confusions occur in the minds of people and at last the decision is taken crossing the dilemma layer in mind. So your decision can make or break your foot, its up to you. Select those high heels that are manageable by you. When you wear it, pain shouldn’t be at your feet and Also ensure that you feel comfortable.
High heels meets the various requirements depending upon the it’s variety which includes stilettos, Toe peep heels, mules, pumps, ankle straps etc. This high heel serves uniquely for unique occasions as well as has its multiple usages. For example, High heel party shoes are meant for parties but few high heels are up to the extent that you can even dance comfortably and swiftly, while wearing it. Thus the high heels came with an up-thrust in the fashion industry and mostly accepted among people, as it met their requirements. These heels enhance the personality with its versatile feature and appear as a magic for the person wearing it. Indeed the magic of high heels has a drastic change in the lifestyle of people but care should while choosing it.